Well, today is the end of my first month at Pixar. The first couple of weeks were training. The second couple of weeks were me being thrown into a package I’d never seen and trying to figure out why it was broken. After the frustration I finally felt like I got some progress made this week. This afternoon a facilities person came by and gave me my own name plate:
Now I just need to figure out how to tastefully and reversibly make it say “Dan.” Darn those legal names. I kind of wish they had asked what name I wanted to go by. I got the computer database changed so that’s a step. Oh well, I could have worse things to complain about. And now back to the bug hunting.